- Relationship Marketing
Dr. Sadrac Cenophat: Vita
April 2015 - April 2018: Doctoral Program in Dynamic Capabilities and Relationships
- European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder) and the German Graduate School of Management and Law Heilbronn, Germany
June 2016 – July 2016: Hierarchical Linear Models and Regression Analysis
- ICPSR Summer Program, USA
2010 - 2012: Master of Business Administration
- I-Shou University, Taiwan
2007 - 2008: Software Development Management Coursework
- Université du Québec A Montréal, Canada
2003 - 2007: Bachelor of Computer Science
- Institut Universitaire Quisqueya-Amérique, Haiti
July 2013 – March 2015: Global Project Manager
- G&G Armament, Changhua City, Taiwan
June 2012 – June 2013: International Strategic Planner
- Global Explorer, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
September 2011 – May 2012: Teaching and Research Assistant
- I-Shou University,Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
July 2008 – September 2010: System Analyst
- Capital Bank, Port au Prince, Haiti
April 2006 – June 2008: Junior Officer at the Operations Department
- Soge Bank, Port au Prince, Haiti
Academic Contribution as a Reviewer
- Journal of Business Ethics (2016, 2017)
- Academy of Marketing Conference 2016
- British Academy of Management Conference 2016
- American Marketing Association (PPM) Conference 2017
Teaching Experience and Other Contributions
October 2016 - present: Lecturer for International Management, Supervisor for Bachelor/Master Thesis
- University of Applied Sciences for Engineering and Economics, Berlin, Germany
- Cénophat, S. 2017. Consumer's concerns about corruption and trust: A multilevel analysis. To be presented at the American Marketing Assocciation and Public Policy Conference (AMA MPP), Washington DC, USA.
- Cénophat, S., Bayón, T., & Eisend, M. 2017. Consumer Relationship-Vulnerability: Concept and Measurement. To be presented at the 125th Annual Convention of the American Psychology Association, Washington DC, USA.
- Cénophat, S., Bayón, T., & Eisend, M. 2017. Service Guarantee And Relationship Investments As Moderating Variables Between Consumer Relationship-vulnerability And Likelihood Of Switching. Presented at the 39th ISMS Marketing Science Conference, Los Angeles, USA.
- Cénophat,S.,Bayón,T. & Eisend,M. 2016. Anticipating vulnerability and consumer switchung risk in busienss-consumer relationships. Presented at the 38th ISMS Marketing Science Conference, Shanghai, China.
- Cénophat,S. & Adegbile, A. 2016. Confirmation Bias: A Boundary Condition for Dynamic Managerial Capabilities in the Context of Strategic Change. Presented at the Annual Conference of British Academy of Management, Newcastle, UK.
Dr. Sadrac Cenophat: Current Research Project
Research Interests – Dr. Sadrac Cénophat
Vulnerability in Relationship Marketing, Pre-existing Conditions, and Coping Mechanism
Relationship marketing seeks to integrate sellers, buyers, and other stakeholders into firms’ marketing activities (McKenna, 1991; Shani and Chalasani, 1991). According to Sheth and Parvatiyar (1995), this integration creates a close economic, emotional, and structural bonds among these business partners.
For the last decades, developing and maintaining long-term relationships have become a growing focus amongst scholars. Few studies, however, were conducted on relationships disposition toward dissolution. As firms become increasingly bonded to each other, it is of crucial importance to describe and objectively assess certain pre-existing conditions that have the potential to prematurely terminate relationships. Emerging research questions are:
- What is potentially vulnerable (pre-existing condition) in the relationship partners (sellers and buyers)?
- What are the external stimuli or threats that trigger this vulnerability? How do they evolve?
- Why and how can the pre-existing conditions lead to relationship dissolution?
- What are the coping capabilities that enable firms to restore relationships (reintegrate stakeholders)?